Maritime Payroll Solutions
Maritime payroll is a global payroll service that involves registering crew staff members, raising staff invoices, calculating crew payroll and ensuring on-time payment of crew salaries. It enables businesses to minimise payroll administration, maximise operations and save time.
Maritime Payroll Solutions at Chesterfield
Chesterfield was founded more than 30 years ago and has since established itself as a globally-renowned provider of professional maritime payroll services.
Here at Chesterfield, we are fully aware of the importance of precise and timely remittance of wages for seafarers. We strive to provide consistently high-quality services to ensure all of our customers’ needs are fulfilled. We are extremely experienced in the management and delivery of funds, which are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
Our services standardise, simplify and enhance the entire maritime payment process. Our staff are highly experienced and fully trained to identify any challenges and opportunities that may arise, thus ensuring that all procedures are beneficial to our seafarers.
As part of our solutions, we offer a comprehensive range of offshore employment and payroll administration services for offshore marine staff.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of a computerized payroll system
- Registration of crew staff members and collecting all compliance documents such as passport copies, utility bills and questionnaires.
- Preparation of Master agreement and Individual sub agreements for crew staff.
- Preparation of crew staff individual employment contracts.
- Receipt and processing of crew staff timesheets.
- Raising crew staff invoices and receipt of funds.
- Calculation/processing of all crew payroll activities, including administration of contributions in respect of employer’s pension schemes and the production and issue of payslips with a personal email summary report to the individuals.
- Submission of payroll reports and statements of wages to the employing company.
- Processing a same day payments to the individual bank accounts worldwide.
- Assisting with any payroll-related questions.
- Deducting and filing social security returns to the local authorities (if required).
- Filing tax returns to the local authorities.
- Bookkeeping and accounting.
- End of year certificate tax declaration (if required).
- Communication with tax authorities and pension scheme administrators.
- Completion and submission of all applicable monthly/annual forms/returns on behalf of the employing company.
- Assistance with de-registration (if required).
Additional services provided by Chesterfield include:
- Dedicated personal account manager to liaise with any crew staff members and deal with any queries.
- Assist with opening personal multi-currency bank accounts with debit and credit cards with internet access.
- Full business insurance, covering each employee with accident insurance. Includes Professional Indemnity Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and Employers Lability Insurance.
In-Depth Payroll Solutions
At Chesterfield, our team of specialists provides convenient, reliable and safe maritime crew payroll solutions to an international clientele. As experts in the field, our bespoke solutions facilitate the entire maritime payroll process, ensuring the highest levels of service so that all seafarers are paid accurately and on time.
Chesterfield will raise and submit an invoice for the services of each individual crew staff member. Once we receive the funds, we will then transfer the money to the respective account, typically within the same day. Each individual will receive the funds in full accordance with the terms and conditions of their employment contract.
With our services, every contractor is fully insured and all money will always be secured. All our payroll companies are properly registered, and all funds are secured because they are insured and EU based.
We can run GROSS payroll, and are fully compliant with the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 (MLC). Further, we are subject to annual inspections to ensure continued compliance. All seafarer’s employment agreements are compliant with MLC requirements, and will be approved by the Flag State of the Vessel that a seafarer is deployed to.
Why Choose Chesterfield for Maritime Payroll Solutions?
It’s essential to select the right management company for your maritime crew payroll needs.
Here at Chesterfield, we are dedicated to providing our clients with a professional, organised and seamless contract service.
We have specialist teams including in-house solicitors, qualified accountants and experienced and competent administrators who make sure all transfers and invoices are processed accurately and efficiently.
Each and every one of our clients is important to us and we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional service that goes above and beyond what is available in the market place. We pride ourselves on providing personalised, responsive, reliable solutions that are tailored to the individual needs of each client.
Being EU-based, transparent, compliant and insured brings credibility to your shipping company in terms of banking and tax returns.
Through our comprehensive services, you could be set up and doing business within a very short period of time. Onboarding is quick and efficient, while payments are extremely timely and mostly same day.
Contact Chesterfield today to discuss your maritime payroll needs and to discover how our global reach, experienced personal and tailored solutions can make a difference to your business.